Ottery Literary Festival Writing Competition Rules 2022
Flash Fiction – Creative Writing Competition Rules
- The competition aims to encourage writers of any age.
- There is no charge to enter the competition.
- All entrants should be resident in the United Kingdom.
- All entries must be the entrant’s original work.
- The entry should not have been previously published amongst winners of another competition.
- There is no limit on the number of entries a single entrant can make.
- All stories should be no longer than 500 words, excluding the title. The number of words should be stated. They should be based on the theme ‘Trapped’; and should be written in English. Only. Entries under the word limit will be judged
- Please include your name, age (if 18 or under) and address on the submission. A word count should be stated.
- All entries should be sent to email@example.com. They will all be acknowledged.
- All entries should be on an attached Word document or PDF file. The Flash fiction should be double-spaced, in Times New Roman, or Calibri 12 pt.
- All entries should be based on the theme ‘Trapped’. The content can be challenging, but not deliberately offensive.
- The competition is open from August 1st 2022, and the closing date for all entries is midnight 30th September 2022.
- The judges’ decision is final. The competition will be judged in two categories-
- Young Writers—Entrants should be 18, or under on the 30th September 2022. The top prize will be £50. Other prizes will be awarded.
- All Other Writers —do not need to state their age. The top prize will be £50. Other prizes will be awarded.
- The winners will be notified within three weeks of the closing date. Prizes will be presented at Knightstone Manor on 21st October 2022. The work of winners, in both categories, will be published in the local press.
- Entries which do not comply with the rules will be disqualified.